Highline Power/Switch Gear Technology
Our customers trust us with operations in the most delicate ecosystems, not only because we operate responsibly but because we seek new ways to minimize GHGs.
Our engineers have designed the two rigs we operate in Alaska to run on high line electrical power to minimize GHG emissions.
Our custom switchgear technology on our Alaska rigs allows us to run highline electrical power and diesel engines in parallel. By utilizing clean highline power, we greatly reduce the reliance on our diesel-drilling engines limiting the use of fossil fuel while minimizing GHGs.
- This system is tied into drilling controls allowing operations to set maximum load allowed into system via highline.
- System is tied into drilling controls which allows operations to set maximum load allowed into system via highline.
- Upon power loss, custom software scales down equipment usage based on operations being performed to prevent blackout scenario.
- Custom transformer enclosure reducing voltage from 13,800V to 600V.
- Rig operations continue when diesel availability is low
- Large volume fuel tanks combined with highline capability allows us to supply our reserves of other operations as per the client’s request when diesel availability is low
- The rig is more environmentally friendly (reduced GHG emissions, reduced noise pollution)
- Allows for maintenance on generator packages while the rig is running, reducing NPT
- The life of the generator packages is extended due to less usage