Parker Wellbore helps energy companies accomplish their drilling and production goals efficiently, reliably, and safely. Our global team supports oil and gas operators with innovative land and offshore drilling services, premium rental tools and well services, and advanced operations and management support. Founded in 1934, Parker Wellbore helps customers manage their costs and mitigate their risks, to achieve their operational goals in a safe and efficient manner. With experience in both harsh-environment regions and complex drilling situations, you can trust Parker Wellbore to get the job done.
This position is responsible ensuring that the Company’s health, safety and environmental goals and initiatives are in compliance.
Interface with rig crew and monitors activities to promote safe operations.
Assist rig management in fulfilment of required HSE mandates.
Mentor personnel regarding HSE policies, procedures and standards to promote understanding and implementation consistent with Company goals and objectives.
Mentor personnel regarding national and local HSE regulations associated with drilling operations.
Work with Rig and HSE management to define HSE goals, priorities and Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
Facilitate and/or conduct safety meetings.
Assist in preparation and review of Job Safety Analysis (JSA) and permits and review hazards and precautions with staff.
Represent the Company’s HSE interests with client personnel.
Support incident notification, investigation and reporting process to include root cause analysis.
Participate in audits and inspections.
Conduct visitor HSE inductions/orientations.
Work with Division HSE Manager to develop training plans in accord with the Training Matrix as well as regulatory and client requirements.
Support emergency response readiness training and drills.
Review COACH, SWA and HAZID cards and enter them into the data management system.
Track and report action items associated with incidents, audits and inspections.
Maintain required documentation.
As required, translate HSE documents.
Adheres to all Company policies and procedures.
Other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.
Necessary qualifications, skills and abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Must have a High School diploma.
A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Should have at least 2 years of work experience in HSE and 3 years of work experience with a drilling contractor.
Must possess an understanding of safe drilling operations, multinational work forces and the ability to observe/manage human and environmental risks associated with drilling and production.
Understand, interpret and implement the Company’s policies, procedures and standards as well as national and local regulations.
Recognized experience in safe systems of work (PTW, JSA, Personal Risk Assessment, and Root Cause Analysis) is beneficial.
Must understand, interpret and implement applicable regulations within regulatory jurisdiction.
Must be able to understand and work mathematical equations.
Capacity to work effectively under pressure in ambiguous and complex situations.
Ability to work independently with multiple people at many levels and work as part of a team.
Professional relationship and interpersonal skills with strong customer service attitude.
Excellent time management skills to prioritize and manage multiple requests from various avenues, and the ability to change direction in response to fluctuating circumstances.
Must have excellent computer skills to include all MS Office products.
Must have good written and verbal communication skills and able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors. Being multi-lingual is preferred.
Additional qualifications, skills and abilities
- Initiating & Driving Change • Acts as a catalyst for and takes responsibility for leading, directing, and managing organizational change
• Develops new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions
• Creates work environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation
• Drives step changes in how the company operates
• Understands how to change and addresses not only systems and processes, but also cultural aspects of change
• Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market
• Develops a change strategy that includes milestones and timelines
• Accurately assesses the potential barriers and resources necessary for change initiatives
• Understands and supports the need for change
• Envisions and articulates the intended result of the change process
• Provides direction and focus during the change process
• Helps to generate support of the changes throughout the organization
• Identifies and enlists allies who support the change process
• Provides resources, removes barriers, and acts as an advocate for those initiating change
- Result Focused • Establishes clear, specific performance goals, expectations, and priorities
• Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully
• Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers
• Very bottom-line oriented
• Steadfastly pushes self and others for results
• Navigates quickly and effectively to resolve problems and obstacles
• Persists to complete tasks / responsibilities, even in the face of difficulties
• Develops a sense of urgency in others to complete tasks • Operates with personal ownership and looks for ways to improve performance all the time
• Challenges him- or herself and others to raise the bar on performance
• Focuses people on critical activities that yield a high impact
• Holds self and others accountable for delivering high-quality results on time and within budget (e.g., models high work standards and demands the same from others)
- Team Work • Blends people into teams when they are needed
• Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team
• Shares wins and successes
• Fosters open dialogue
• Lets people finish and be responsible for their work
• Seeks consensus among diverse viewpoints as a means of building group commitment
• Defines success in terms of the whole team
• Creates a feeling of belonging in the team
• Values the contributions of all team members
• Creates an environment that encourages open communication amongst team members
• Creates an environment that encourages collective problem solving amongst team members
- Customer Focus • Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
• Gets first-hand customer information and uses it to understand customers' business issues and needs for improvements in products and services
• Acts with customer in mind
• Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
• Genuinely enjoys working with customers to build long-term partnerships
• Creates a sense of customer focus throughout their team/ department/ business unit
Physical demands and work environment
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret data.
- Ability to work around moving machinery
- Ability to perform under stress, under pressure, and/or in emergency situations.
- Lift, carry, and move objects of up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to walk on uneven ground (gravel, rocks, mounds, ice)
- Wear personal protective equipment, including but not limited to hard hat, steel-toed safety shoes, hearing protection, respirators, safety glasses, goggles and full body harness.
- Frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull, reach, and use repetitive wrist and hand movements.
- Ability to ascend and descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, and/or ramps while carrying tools requiring a reasonable degree of physical stamina and agility and involving moderate to severe physical exertion
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions (Cold or Heat)
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, reason logically, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.
- Ability to work in hazardous conditions (dust/gas/fumes/steam/chemicals)
- Ability to work at heights (scaffolding or ladders)
- Sit/stand while performing primarily sedentary work
- Use repetitive wrist, hand or finger movements at a computer.
- Exposure to vibration (oscillating movements of the extremities or whole body)
- Ability to work in noisy environments
- Ability to work as a team, communicate and interact with others in a professional manner, and consider alternative and diverse perspectives.