Parker Wellbore helps energy companies accomplish their drilling and production goals efficiently, reliably, and safely. Our global team supports oil and gas operators with innovative land and offshore drilling services, premium rental tools and well services, and advanced operations and management support. Founded in 1934, Parker Wellbore helps customers manage their costs and mitigate their risks, to achieve their operational goals in a safe and efficient manner. With experience in both harsh-environment regions and complex drilling situations, you can trust Parker Wellbore to get the job done.
A Shop Foreman performs scheduled or necessary maintenance on service equipment to ensure the equipment is functioning properly and coordinates, schedules, and oversees all shop operations.
- Monitors and supervises all shop operations and coordinates maintenance duties with shop technicians in accordance with Parker Well Services policies and procedures.
- Performs, inspects, and coordinates repairs and service maintenance on all aspects of the Top-Tek SC CRT system equipment/TRS Equipments.
- Purchases parts and supplies needed for repairs and oversees inventory.
- Maintains files on scheduled or necessary maintenance operations.
- Ensures the shop is clean and maintained in an orderly manner.
- May be requested to work outside of normal work schedule to meet customer needs.
- Works closely with the Asset Coordinator, Field Service Supervisor, and Dispatcher to coordinate equipment for upcoming jobs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Necessary qualifications, skills and abilities
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent education required
- Should have five years' experience with TRS equipment repair and maintenance procedures.
- Should have at least two years supervisory experience. Should have advanced knowledge of TRS related equipment and maintenance processes
- Ability to operate equipment and tools involved in building, inspecting, and repairing equipment.
- Ability to lift heavy equipment and parts, up to 50lbs
- Ability to direct and supervise personnel and coordinate shop operations
- Ability to read and write English
- People Management Provides team with a clear sense of direction and objectives; creates a stable and re-assuring work atmosphere; supports employment development through coaching, Highly integrated with strategic talent management processes including performance management, succession planning, talent development, and engagement/retention, etc. Get results through people.
- Effective Communication Communicates in a clear, precise and structured way; speaks with authority and conviction; listens attentively and objectively.
- Personal Accountability Demonstrates enthusiasm for and commitment to the position and accepts responsibility for personal actions. Takes pride in the job. Actively engages in professional self-development opportunities. Demonstrates professionalism and emotional intelligence across situations.
- Flawless Execution Clearly defines priorities and objectives. Uses a systematic approach with commitment and determination to achieve high quality results. Capably leads the business day-to-day and evaluates the risks and rewards new opportunities present.
Physical demands and work environment
- Oversee and manage the overall quality of projects and/or employee performance.
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret data.
- Ability to work around moving machinery
- Ability to perform under stress, under pressure, and/or in emergency situations.
- Lift, carry, and move objects of up to 50 pounds.
- Operate machinery and/or power tools.
- Ability to walk on uneven ground (gravel, rocks, mounds, ice)
- Wear personal protective equipment, including but not limited to hard hat, steel-toed safety shoes, hearing protection, respirators, safety glasses, goggles and full body harness.
- Frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull, reach, and use repetitive wrist and hand movements.
- Ability to ascend and descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, and/or ramps while carrying tools requiring a reasonable degree of physical stamina and agility and involving moderate to severe physical exertion
- Operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions (Cold or Heat)
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, reason logically, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.
- Ability to work in hazardous conditions (dust/gas/fumes/steam/chemicals)
- Ability to work at heights (scaffolding or ladders)
- Sit/stand while performing primarily sedentary work
- Exposure to vibration (oscillating movements of the extremities or whole body)
- Ability to work in noisy environments
- Ability to work in small and/or enclosed spaces
- Ability to work as a team, communicate and interact with others in a professional manner, and consider alternative and diverse perspectives.