Parker Wellbore helps energy companies accomplish their drilling and production goals efficiently, reliably, and safely. Our global team supports oil and gas operators with innovative land and offshore drilling services, premium rental tools and well services, and advanced operations and management support. Founded in 1934, Parker Wellbore helps customers manage their costs and mitigate their risks, to achieve their operational goals in a safe and efficient manner. With experience in both harsh-environment regions and complex drilling situations, you can trust Parker Wellbore to get the job done.
Supervise the daily administrative needs and operations of the location in accordance with Parker’s policies and procedures, governmental legislation, and quality service goals, through the effective and efficient use of its assets and human resources.
- Supervise day-to-day operations, coordinate crews, and assets, and act as the primary point of contact for the Permian Basin operations.
- Responsible for overseeing costs and meeting forecasts for the district.
- Prepare bids for all services and products in accordance with Management.
- Has direct responsibility for all field and shop personnel at the location.
- Determine need for equipment and supplies and maintains appropriate levels of inventory.
- Schedule crews and equipment relative to customer demands.
- Occasionally perform any service, repair, or maintenance task necessary when "hands on" assistance is needed, including field duty.
- Recognize problems and improvements needed and pass these on to upper management.
- Maintain adequate, trained, and motivated field personnel and insure compliance with company personnel policies and all governmental health, safety and fair employment practices.
- Coordinate with Product Line & Sales Managers to generate field level sales by calling on potential customers, when time permits, and maintaining current customer relations.
- Available on a 24 hours call basis to respond to customer needs.
- With assistance from Human Resources and Operations Management: recruit, hire, train staff, evaluate employee performance, and recommend or initiate promotions, and disciplinary action.
- Operate company vehicle as needed.
- Comply with all requirements of the Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions, including KSA/Competency Assessments.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Duties as assigned necessary by Management.
Necessary qualifications, skills and abilities
- High School diploma GED or equivalent required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred; or equivalent combination of work experience.
- Minimum three years’ experience in casing and tubular related operations in the Permian Basin.
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience in a relative role.
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record required.
- High level of understanding of a Casing Running Tool (CRT), handling equipment, conventional tongs, hydraulic power units (diesel and electric), and Torque Monitoring Systems.
- Should have strong communication skills.
- Competence in computer programs such as, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to liaise with customers at all field operational levels.
- Ability to initiate or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve operational goals.
- Ability to interpret and implement Company Health and Safety Procedures, Operational Procedures, and Environmental Policies to workers.
- Ability to read and write English
- People Management Provides team with a clear sense of direction and objectives; creates a stable and re-assuring work atmosphere; supports employment development through coaching, Highly integrated with strategic talent management processes including performance management, succession planning, talent development, and engagement/retention, etc. Get results through people.
- Effective Communication Communicates in a clear, precise and structured way; speaks with authority and conviction; listens attentively and objectively.
- Personal Accountability Demonstrates enthusiasm for and commitment to the position and accepts responsibility for personal actions. Takes pride in the job. Actively engages in professional self-development opportunities. Demonstrates professionalism and emotional intelligence across situations.
- Flawless Execution Clearly defines priorities and objectives. Uses a systematic approach with commitment and determination to achieve high quality results. Capably leads the business day-to-day and evaluates the risks and rewards new opportunities present.
Physical demands and work environment
- Oversee and manage the overall quality of projects and/or employee performance.
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret data.
- Ability to work around moving machinery
- Ability to perform under stress, under pressure, and/or in emergency situations.
- Lift, carry, and move objects of up to 50 pounds.
- Operate machinery and/or power tools.
- Ability to walk on uneven ground (gravel, rocks, mounds, ice)
- Wear personal protective equipment, including but not limited to hard hat, steel-toed safety shoes, hearing protection, respirators, safety glasses, goggles and full body harness.
- Frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull, reach, and use repetitive wrist and hand movements.
- Ability to ascend and descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, and/or ramps while carrying tools requiring a reasonable degree of physical stamina and agility and involving moderate to severe physical exertion
- Operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions (Cold or Heat)
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, reason logically, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.
- Ability to work in hazardous conditions (dust/gas/fumes/steam/chemicals)
- Ability to work at heights (scaffolding or ladders)
- Sit/stand while performing primarily sedentary work
- Use repetitive wrist, hand or finger movements at a computer.
- Exposure to vibration (oscillating movements of the extremities or whole body)
- Ability to work in noisy environments
- Ability to work in small and/or enclosed spaces
- Ability to work as a team, communicate and interact with others in a professional manner, and consider alternative and diverse perspectives.