Parker Wellbore helps energy companies accomplish their drilling and production goals efficiently, reliably, and safely. Our global team supports oil and gas operators with innovative land and offshore drilling services, premium rental tools and well services, and advanced operations and management support. Founded in 1934, Parker Wellbore helps customers manage their costs and mitigate their risks, to achieve their operational goals in a safe and efficient manner. With experience in both harsh-environment regions and complex drilling situations, you can trust Parker Wellbore to get the job done.
The Senior HR Business Partner is responsible for developing, managing, implementing and administering employee relations, human resource policies, programs and practices in accordance with the ethical practices of the Company; and the laws, regulations and administrative rulings of governmental, regulatory and advisory authorities and organizations.
- Coaches the organization’s leaders and management in performance management processes, compensation and remuneration programs, recruitment practices, and management decision making
- Provides clear and timely direction to the business on HR issues, and the implications of those issues on the business. Actively participates with the clients in business decisions.
- Facilitates effective implementation of new people management initiatives in different departments and levels of the business as appropriate.
- Analyzes and reports on KPIs and trends related to human capital in the business and uses these findings to develop strategies and solutions to issues that affect the business’s talent.
- Leads the identification and forecasting of the organization’s human resource needs. In conjunction with recruitment assists in the interviewing and selection process of potential candidates. Works closely with management to develop/update job descriptions and the needs assessment for key roles.
- Develops and executes workforce plans, talent acquisition needs and ensures selection decisions meet both the existing and future needs of the business.
- Supports the annual Talent Review and Performance Management cycles for the assigned client
- Maintains a working knowledge of environmental factors influencing the business (i.e. HR legislation, best practice trends).
- Ensures HR processes are aligned and support the business/corporate objectives. Keeps clients informed of changes in HR policies and procedures and counsel managers and employees on those changes.
- Assist with the development and review of Human Resources policies; develops, publishes and administers Human Resources procedures to ensure adherence to the policies.
- Support all Human Resources policies and objectives for the Company
- Update job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Necessary qualifications, skills and abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, HR or other related fields.
- 7+ years of experience in related HR field
- Proven and successful experience in influencing leaders on the adoption of ultimately beneficial people management policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated business acumen and the ability to anticipate people impact
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required – both written and verbal
- Strong problem solving and analytics skills
- Ability to remain neutral and objective in all matters – negotiating to find common ground best possible outcomes to all scenarios
- Abide by Company policies and procedures.
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of laws governing Human Resources.
- Ability to maintain high standards of confidentiality, accuracy, timeliness and attention to detail.
- Ensure incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
- PHR or SPHR is preferred.
- possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
- People Management Provides team with a clear sense of direction and objectives; creates a stable and re-assuring work atmosphere; supports employment development through coaching, Highly integrated with strategic talent management processes including performance management, succession planning, talent development, and engagement/retention, etc. Get results through people.
- Effective Communication Communicates in a clear, precise and structured way; speaks with authority and conviction; listens attentively and objectively.
- Personal Accountability Demonstrates enthusiasm for and commitment to the position and accepts responsibility for personal actions. Takes pride in the job. Actively engages in professional self-development opportunities. Demonstrates professionalism and emotional intelligence across situations.
- Flawless Execution Clearly defines priorities and objectives. Uses a systematic approach with commitment and determination to achieve high quality results. Capably leads the business day-to-day and evaluates the risks and rewards new opportunities present.
Physical demands and work environment
- Oversee and manage the overall quality of projects and/or employee performance.
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret data.
- Carry up to 10 lbs.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, reason logically, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.
- Ability to work as a team, communicate and interact with others in a professional manner, and consider alternative and diverse perspectives.