Parker Wellbore helps energy companies accomplish their drilling and production goals efficiently, reliably, and safely. Our global team supports oil and gas operators with innovative land and offshore drilling services, premium rental tools and well services, and advanced operations and management support. Founded in 1934, Parker Wellbore helps customers manage their costs and mitigate their risks, to achieve their operational goals in a safe and efficient manner. With experience in both harsh-environment regions and complex drilling situations, you can trust Parker Wellbore to get the job done.
This position is responsible for carrying out the necessary activities for the provision of maintenance services to ensure the conservation and proper functioning of the company's tools and facilities.
- Execute preventive and corrective maintenance, related to electricity, plumbing, painting and repairs in general, in accordance with their specialty and with the established programs and specific requests assigned
- Participate and support the daily inspections and control routines to verify the correct operation of the equipment, confirming that there are no leaks, damage or failures.
- Report any anomaly that is evident in the equipment, and inform the Maintenance Coordinator.
- Provide support with the execution of the monthly and semi-annual preventive maintenance plan and / or when it is established, review and adjust it and establish priorities according to the real needs of preventive and corrective maintenance of the equipment.
- Support responding to emergency requests.
- Carry out inspections of the facilities to detect faults.
- Keep updated the documentation required by the company for the proper development of its functions.
- Guard and maintain in good condition the use of tools placed at your service.
- Comply with the safety standards, requirements, policies, manuals, matrices and activities established or planned by HSEQ and by the company for a safe and healthy work performance.
Necessary qualifications, skills and abilities
HIgh School is required plus, further education as Technician and / or Hydraulic, Electrical Technologist, or areas related to maintenance is preferred Must have at least one year of experience in a maintenance department Must have knowledge in execution and processing of operational processes Must have working knowledge of hydraulics, electricity, handling of pressure measuring elements and plumbing Must possess sound reasoning skills, common sense and the ability to follow directions. Must exhibit good customer service Should have good verbal communication skills
- Initiating & Driving Change • Acts as a catalyst for and takes responsibility for leading, directing, and managing organizational change • Develops new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions • Creates work environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation • Drives step changes in how the company operates • Understands how to change and addresses not only systems and processes, but also cultural aspects of change • Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market • Develops a change strategy that includes milestones and timelines • Accurately assesses the potential barriers and resources necessary for change initiatives • Understands and supports the need for change • Envisions and articulates the intended result of the change process • Provides direction and focus during the change process • Helps to generate support of the changes throughout the organization • Identifies and enlists allies who support the change process • Provides resources, removes barriers, and acts as an advocate for those initiating change
- Result Focused • Establishes clear, specific performance goals, expectations, and priorities • Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully • Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers • Very bottom-line oriented • Steadfastly pushes self and others for results • Navigates quickly and effectively to resolve problems and obstacles • Persists to complete tasks / responsibilities, even in the face of difficulties • Develops a sense of urgency in others to complete tasks • Operates with personal ownership and looks for ways to improve performance all the time • Challenges him- or herself and others to raise the bar on performance • Focuses people on critical activities that yield a high impact • Holds self and others accountable for delivering high-quality results on time and within budget (e.g., models high work standards and demands the same from others)
- Team Work • Blends people into teams when they are needed • Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team • Shares wins and successes • Fosters open dialogue • Lets people finish and be responsible for their work • Seeks consensus among diverse viewpoints as a means of building group commitment • Defines success in terms of the whole team • Creates a feeling of belonging in the team • Values the contributions of all team members • Creates an environment that encourages open communication amongst team members • Creates an environment that encourages collective problem solving amongst team members
- Customer Focus • Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers • Gets first-hand customer information and uses it to understand customers' business issues and needs for improvements in products and services • Acts with customer in mind • Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect • Genuinely enjoys working with customers to build long-term partnerships • Creates a sense of customer focus throughout their team/ department/ business unit
Physical demands and work environment
- Ability to work around moving machinery
- Wear personal protective equipment, including but not limited to hard hat, steel-toed safety shoes, hearing protection, respirators, safety glasses, goggles and full body harness.
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.