Parker Wellbore helps energy companies accomplish their drilling and production goals efficiently, reliably, and safely. Our global team supports oil and gas operators with innovative land and offshore drilling services, premium rental tools and well services, and advanced operations and management support. Founded in 1934, Parker Wellbore helps customers manage their costs and mitigate their risks, to achieve their operational goals in a safe and efficient manner. With experience in both harsh-environment regions and complex drilling situations, you can trust Parker Wellbore to get the job done.
Conducts day to day servicing, testing & visual inspections on all pressure control equipment as per company procedure.
Duties, Responsibilities & Key Tasks:
- Comply with the company’s Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Reviews work orders, test procedure sheets and product acceptance criteria to determine test specifications.
- Prepares and sets up necessary equipment to carry out servicing & testing.
- Carries out servicing & testing in accordance with company procedures.
- Carries out painting in accordance with company procedures.
- Pre and post rental inspection reporting.
- Additional duties may be required within job holder’s area of competence to fulfil the company’s needs.
HSEQ System Requirements:
Parker Wellbore operates an Integrated Management System (IMS) at all operational facilities to meet their business, legal and moral HSEQ obligations. All personnel are required to work in full compliance with the requirements set out in the Parker Wellbore Group IMS, this will include as a minimum.
- Ensuring that work is carried out in compliance with company Quality, Health Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Not undertaking any task for which authorization and/or training has not been given.
- Ensuring the highest standard of workmanship produced is in accordance with the company expectations and as per customer, regulatory standards and specification.
- Promoting good health, safety and environmental practices throughout all company activities.
- Wearing the assigned Personal Protective Equipment required.
- Taking care to prevent harm to themselves, colleagues and others and the environment that may be caused by our acts or omissions.
- Keeping the work area neat, organized & free of trip and other hazards.
- Reporting hazards in plant, equipment and other work place, or short comings in the existing controls, to a superior without delay.
- Supporting continual improvement of the integrated management system by expressing better and safer ways to perform tasks and improve policies and procedures.
- Participate in HSEQ training required to meet minimum identified for position undertaken
- Attending Toolbox Talks, HSEQ meetings and trainings as and when required.
- To report any unsafe behaviors to their immediate Supervisor or Safety representative. Where there may be conflict report directly to facility HSEQ Manager.
- Authority on HSEQ grounds to stop operations or delivery of product on the existence of an immediate risk of harm to personnel or environmental pollution and damage to property.
This job description is a guide to the work you will be required to undertake. This may be changed from time to meet changing circumstances. This does not form part of your Contract of Employment.
Education / Qualification:
- Secondary School Education or equivalent
- Previous experience in a similar role is desirable.
- Ability to hit the ground running in a busy environment
- Hydraulic skills and / or Mechanical skills
- Product knowledge
- Pressure testing
- Verbal and written skills
- Effective communication
- Team player
- Problem solver
- Organisational skills
- Good computer skills
- Microsoft Office, word, excel and outlook
- Report writing skills
HSE Competency: As specified for the position.
- Result Focused • Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully • Operates with personal ownership and looks for ways to improve performance all the time • Challenges him- or herself to raise the bar on performance
- Team Work •
- Customer Focus • Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers • Acts with customer in mind
Physical demands and work environment
- Ability to work around moving machinery
- Ability to perform under stress, under pressure, and/or in emergency situations.
- Lift, carry, and move objects of up to 50 pounds.
- Operate machinery and/or power tools.
- Ability to walk on uneven ground (gravel, rocks, mounds, ice)
- Wear personal protective equipment, including but not limited to hard hat, steel-toed safety shoes, hearing protection, respirators, safety glasses, goggles and full body harness.
- Frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull, reach, and use repetitive wrist and hand movements.
- Ability to ascend and descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, and/or ramps while carrying tools requiring a reasonable degree of physical stamina and agility and involving moderate to severe physical exertion
- Carry up to 10 lbs.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions (Cold or Heat)
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, reason logically, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.
- Ability to work in hazardous conditions (dust/gas/fumes/steam/chemicals)
- Exposure to vibration (oscillating movements of the extremities or whole body)
- Ability to work in noisy environments
- Ability to work in small and/or enclosed spaces
- Ability to work as a team, communicate and interact with others in a professional manner, and consider alternative and diverse perspectives.