Parker Wellbore helps energy companies accomplish their drilling and production goals efficiently, reliably, and safely. Our global team supports oil and gas operators with innovative land and offshore drilling services, premium rental tools and well services, and advanced operations and management support. Founded in 1934, Parker Wellbore helps customers manage their costs and mitigate their risks, to achieve their operational goals in a safe and efficient manner. With experience in both harsh-environment regions and complex drilling situations, you can trust Parker Wellbore to get the job done.
This position is responsible for operating and maintaining Company boats used to transport passengers, supplies and/or freight.
• Must be capable of quickly evacuating the facility to avoid injury during emergencies. Must also provide assistance with regard to rescue operation for injuries or overcome personnel.
• Operate assigned boat in a safe manner in accordance with USCG “Rules of the Road”, adhering to all Federal, State regulations and environmental regulations.
• Responsible for safely transporting rig crew and supplies to assigned location in a timely manner.
• Ensure that crew is aware of the Company’s safety practices and provide training as needed.
• Maintain boat appearance by assuring the inside and outside are presentable at all times.
• Checks for water in bilge and keeps bilge clean of oil.
• Maintain daily records to include personnel roster, motor reports and movement log.
• Maintain appropriate oil level in engines and clutches, checks engine for oil, water and fuel leaks.
• Maintain lighting on the boat to assure safety of passengers.
• Checks motor support brackets, alternator belts, stuffing boxes (grease and pack as needed), and the condition of all hoses and clamps.
• Ensure that a spare wheel and shaft are available for boat.
• Ensure that all boats assigned to rig are started daily.
• On a monthly basis will examine the bottom of the boat for damage.
• Checks exhaust manifolds for leaks and checks air breather, changes oil and fuel filters as per EAM maintenance schedule.
• Changes oil in clutch per EAM maintenance schedule, and cleans strainer screen every week.
• Maintain safety equipment including fire extinguishers, life raft, life jackets and etc. on board boat.
• Maintain safety standard and procedures and keep work area in safe working condition.
• Abide by Company policies, procedures and best practices at all times.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
• Note: Duties and responsibilities may be added or changed at any time at the discretion of your manager, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
- Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
- Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
- Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
- Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
- Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
- As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.
Necessary qualifications, skills and abilities
- Must possess a High School diploma.
- Should have at least 5 years of experience in the operation and maintenance of boats.
- Must possess necessary certifications to properly operate and maintain Company boats.
- Must be fully familiar with all required marine functions to include laws, regulations and directives affecting the operation of the boat.
- Must have good PC skills to include all MS Office products.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors. Being multi-lingual is preferred.
- Must be able/willing to travel nationally and internationally.
- Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
Additional qualifications, skills and abilities
Must possess valid 100-ton Master, near coastal USCG MMC.
Ability to operate 46' crew boat, 14/14 or 28/14 rotation
- Initiating & Driving Change • Acts as a catalyst for and takes responsibility for leading, directing, and managing organizational change
• Develops new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions
• Creates work environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation
• Drives step changes in how the company operates
• Understands how to change and addresses not only systems and processes, but also cultural aspects of change
• Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market
• Develops a change strategy that includes milestones and timelines
• Accurately assesses the potential barriers and resources necessary for change initiatives
• Understands and supports the need for change
• Envisions and articulates the intended result of the change process
• Provides direction and focus during the change process
• Helps to generate support of the changes throughout the organization
• Identifies and enlists allies who support the change process
• Provides resources, removes barriers, and acts as an advocate for those initiating change
- Result Focused • Establishes clear, specific performance goals, expectations, and priorities
• Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully
• Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers
• Very bottom-line oriented
• Steadfastly pushes self and others for results
• Navigates quickly and effectively to resolve problems and obstacles
• Persists to complete tasks / responsibilities, even in the face of difficulties
• Develops a sense of urgency in others to complete tasks • Operates with personal ownership and looks for ways to improve performance all the time
• Challenges him- or herself and others to raise the bar on performance
• Focuses people on critical activities that yield a high impact
• Holds self and others accountable for delivering high-quality results on time and within budget (e.g., models high work standards and demands the same from others)
- Team Work • Blends people into teams when they are needed
• Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team
• Shares wins and successes
• Fosters open dialogue
• Lets people finish and be responsible for their work
• Seeks consensus among diverse viewpoints as a means of building group commitment
• Defines success in terms of the whole team
• Creates a feeling of belonging in the team
• Values the contributions of all team members
• Creates an environment that encourages open communication amongst team members
• Creates an environment that encourages collective problem solving amongst team members
- Customer Focus • Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
• Gets first-hand customer information and uses it to understand customers' business issues and needs for improvements in products and services
• Acts with customer in mind
• Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
• Genuinely enjoys working with customers to build long-term partnerships
• Creates a sense of customer focus throughout their team/ department/ business unit
Physical demands and work environment
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret data.
- Ability to work around moving machinery
- Ability to perform under stress, under pressure, and/or in emergency situations.
- Operate machinery and/or power tools.
- Ability to walk on uneven ground (gravel, rocks, mounds, ice)
- Wear personal protective equipment, including but not limited to hard hat, steel-toed safety shoes, hearing protection, respirators, safety glasses, goggles and full body harness.
- Frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull, reach, and use repetitive wrist and hand movements.
- Ability to ascend and descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, and/or ramps while carrying tools requiring a reasonable degree of physical stamina and agility and involving moderate to severe physical exertion
- Operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions (Cold or Heat)
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, reason logically, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.
- Exposure to vibration (oscillating movements of the extremities or whole body)
- Ability to work in noisy environments
- Ability to work as a team, communicate and interact with others in a professional manner, and consider alternative and diverse perspectives.