Parker Wellbore helps energy companies accomplish their drilling and production goals efficiently, reliably, and safely. Our global team supports oil and gas operators with innovative land and offshore drilling services, premium rental tools and well services, and advanced operations and management support. Founded in 1934, Parker Wellbore helps customers manage their costs and mitigate their risks, to achieve their operational goals in a safe and efficient manner. With experience in both harsh-environment regions and complex drilling situations, you can trust Parker Wellbore to get the job done.
The Supply Chain Analyst is responsible for supporting the corporate supply chain management department by analyzing company-wide procurement data, preparation of request for proposals, maintain routine reports and align strategic pricing in an ERP system catalog. Under general supervision, works in conjunction with other supply chain personnel to analyze Company and industry trends in key categories and supplier groups.
- Responsible for accurately preparing Company spend reports and all other general business analytics, clearly summarizing the results of the data analysis.
- Identify cost savings and spend reduction opportunities, including reviewing item usage data in the Oracle procurement catalog.
- Provides analysis using Total Cost of Ownership models.
- Generate, develop and implement reports to support processes and metrics as required.
- Prepare and analyze RFQ/RFP data.
- Utilizes various data sources using internal data and industry trends to assemble and analyze what the data means.
- Generate management reports and be able to produce under tight time constraints.
- Handle details and assignments of a confidential nature.
- Exercise independent judgment and initiative while performing analytical duties to support corporate and business unit objectives. Research problems and communicate with all levels on problem resolution.
- Maintain KPI metrics
- Maintains Oracle procurement catalog.
- Supports all Supply Chain standards and procedures and department objectives.
- Abides by Company policies, standards and procedures.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Necessary qualifications, skills and abilities
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration in Supply Chain Management, Business Management or Finance or similar discipline is Prefered.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in an analytical/metrics focused capacity.
- Advanced Excel skills required – v-lookups, macros, etc.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in time sensitive situations, and, the ability to perform under stress and/or in emergencies.
- Ability to simultaneously address multiple complex problems, and, to perform multiple duties from multiple sources.
- Ability to interact appropriately with a variety of individuals including internal and external customers/clients.
- Ability to deal with people under adverse circumstances.
- Ability to perform in situations requiring speed, deadlines, or productivity quotas.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Supply chain and energy industry knowledge is preferred.
- Must be able to build PowerPoint presentations for internal and external stakeholders.
- Must have a basic understanding of accounting and finance.
- Integrity / Trust - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Initiating & Driving Change • Acts as a catalyst for and takes responsibility for leading, directing, and managing organizational change • Develops new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions • Creates work environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation • Drives step changes in how the company operates • Understands how to change and addresses not only systems and processes, but also cultural aspects of change • Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market • Develops a change strategy that includes milestones and timelines • Accurately assesses the potential barriers and resources necessary for change initiatives • Understands and supports the need for change • Envisions and articulates the intended result of the change process • Provides direction and focus during the change process • Helps to generate support of the changes throughout the organization • Identifies and enlists allies who support the change process • Provides resources, removes barriers, and acts as an advocate for those initiating change
- Result Focused • Establishes clear, specific performance goals, expectations, and priorities • Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully • Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers • Very bottom-line oriented • Steadfastly pushes self and others for results • Navigates quickly and effectively to resolve problems and obstacles • Persists to complete tasks / responsibilities, even in the face of difficulties • Develops a sense of urgency in others to complete tasks • Operates with personal ownership and looks for ways to improve performance all the time • Challenges him- or herself and others to raise the bar on performance • Focuses people on critical activities that yield a high impact • Holds self and others accountable for delivering high-quality results on time and within budget (e.g., models high work standards and demands the same from others)
- Team Work • Blends people into teams when they are needed • Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team • Shares wins and successes • Fosters open dialogue • Lets people finish and be responsible for their work • Seeks consensus among diverse viewpoints as a means of building group commitment • Defines success in terms of the whole team • Creates a feeling of belonging in the team • Values the contributions of all team members • Creates an environment that encourages open communication amongst team members • Creates an environment that encourages collective problem solving amongst team members
- Customer Focus • Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers • Gets first-hand customer information and uses it to understand customers' business issues and needs for improvements in products and services • Acts with customer in mind • Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect • Genuinely enjoys working with customers to build long-term partnerships • Creates a sense of customer focus throughout their team/ department/ business unit
Physical demands and work environment
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret data.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, reason logically, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.
- Use repetitive wrist, hand or finger movements at a computer.
- Ability to work as a team, communicate and interact with others in a professional manner, and consider alternative and diverse perspectives.