Parker Wellbore helps energy companies accomplish their drilling and production goals efficiently, reliably, and safely. Our global team supports oil and gas operators with innovative land and offshore drilling services, premium rental tools and well services, and advanced operations and management support. Founded in 1934, Parker Wellbore helps customers manage their costs and mitigate their risks, to achieve their operational goals in a safe and efficient manner. With experience in both harsh-environment regions and complex drilling situations, you can trust Parker Wellbore to get the job done.
This position is responsible for coordinating and directing various activities for the Company’s drilling operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as liaison between Operations management, rig crew and customers/clients.
- Supervise daily activity, progress and job performance of Rig Superintendents and Rig Managers and coach/counsel as needed.
- Organize equipment, material and personnel for various aspects of the operation.
- Ensure compliance of contract terms for equipment and reimbursement.
- Ensure various operations are scheduled properly so that the total project timing is managed efficiently.
- Initiate and participate in training of rig personnel in proper work related activities in accordance with the Company’s HSE policies and procedures.
- Confer and cooperate with other management personnel in formulating administrative and operational practices and procedures.
- Review, approve and submit request for equipment, materials and spare parts and coordinate shipment once request is approved by corporate.
- Responsible for providing reports to management to include, but not limited to, daily progress, safety incidents, etc.
- Promote safety awareness and safe performance among crew and contract personnel.
- Abide by Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Degree by Institute or University is required with drilling certificates such as IWCF Supervisor level 4, IADC or Rig Tech 3.
- Should have 5+ years of work experience as Operations Manager/Operations Superintendent.
- Minimum 18+ years of experience with drilling contractor/operator.
- Should have good PC skills to include all MS Office products.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with staff,
- management, customers and vendors. Being multi-lingual is preferred.
- Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
- Intercultural Awareness Understands, leverages and respects cultural differences, languages, customs and manners on the ground. Has the ability to be flexible, adaptable and agile in foreign environments.
- Business Acumen is understanding how our businesses generate profits and competitive advantage after weighing foreseeable risks. It requires knowledge of how technical and functional roles contribute to and impact bottom-line results. Specifically, it's knowing what business, financial and operational conditions must exist for Parker to maximize profits, without undue risk. Business acumen requires the savviness of market practices and industry tactics to assess and determine when the outcome of a decision will result in added value for the organization.
- Building Effective Teams Promotes followership; encourages team members to share knowledge; values contributions of all teammates; shares wins and successes; creates positive morale and spirit.
Physical demands and work environment
- Ability to walk on uneven ground (gravel, rocks, mounds, ice)
- Wear personal protective equipment, including but not limited to hard hat, steel-toed safety shoes, hearing protection, respirators, safety glasses, goggles and full body harness.
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.