Parker Wellbore helps energy companies accomplish their drilling and production goals efficiently, reliably, and safely. Our global team supports oil and gas operators with innovative land and offshore drilling services; premium rental tools and well services; and advanced operations and management support. Founded in 1934, Parker Wellbore helps customers manage their costs and mitigate their risks, to achieve their operational goals in a safe and efficient manner. With experience in both harsh-environment regions and complex drilling situations, you can trust Parker Wellbore to get the job done.
The Project Specialist II position understands articulates, and implements best practices related to their area of expertise. Depending on the work environment, this position may lead a work-group or be an active participant within a project management team with the need for specialized knowledge.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS will include the following:
- Facilitates the preparation and control of project scope, justification, economic analysis, schedule, construction and management execution using the Company project development process.
- Coordinates activities of the integrated project team which will include representatives from other functional groups within the Company.
- Provides engineering and design support as required, including the selection and procurement of equipment and related services and engineering analysis (as required by the project).
- Ability to solve technical issues related to project execution and effectively communicate in technical terms with internal and external clients.
- Implement and manage risk mitigation plans.
- Direct and manage the execution of assigned project team members for project components including engineers, project controls, contract administrators, inspectors, quality assurance, project specialists, subcontractors, and drilling operations. Ensure work is performed in a safe manner in all aspects of the project.
- Assumes an active role in project interface through the distribution of information and management of stakeholder expectations.
- Serve as primary contact for communication between the client, contractors, and internal organizations by conveying technical, schedule, and financial information in a timely and professional manner.
- Abide by Company policies and procedures.
SECONDARY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS may include the following:
- Active role in personal career development through coaching and mentoring with project team leaders.
- Support business development through the creation of long-term value for internal Geomarkets from customers, markets, and relationships.
- Remain abreast of current technological progress to ensure the Company’s products and services remain marketable and competitive.
- Ensure adherence to corporate Integrated Management System and HSE policies and procedures.
Necessary qualifications, skills and abilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual should be proficient at the following general and technical skills:
- Knowledge of related drilling equipment, layouts, operations, and rig crew functions is considered a benefit.
- Knowledge of code requirements pertaining to the design, construction, safety, and operation of both land and offshore drilling rigs including but not limited to API, ASME, ASCE, AISC, ASHRAE, and other related industry standards is considered a benefit.
- Experience planning project workflow of fabrication, installation and testing is preferred.
- Working knowledge of discipline-specific fabrication and manufacturing design, processes, and testing (i.e., welding, machining, etc.) is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with rig and equipment testing and commissioning including systems integrated testing (SIT) and integrated acceptance testing (IAT) is considered a benefit.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Inventor, or other CAD design software is considered a benefit.
- Highly proficient at technical writing and communicating with internal and external clients
- Must have strong PC skills including Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. The individual should be proficient at the following interpersonal skills:
- Must be able to provide leadership to focus the efforts of the assigned project component team towards a common goal and enable them to work as a cohesive unit.
- Must have strong written and verbal technical communication skills including writing reports, emails, and presentations at various internal and external organizational levels (peers, clients, and vendors).
- Must possess thoughtful decision-making ability when presented with several alternatives in a fast-paced environment.
An individual must have the following qualifications to perform this job successfully:
- An bachelor of science degree in Engineering from an accredited university is required
- Previous work experience for a drilling contractor or other related company with direct contact to the drilling industry is considered a benefit, but not required.
- Should have at least one year of work experience managing projects and/or teams.
- The ability to read, write, and speak English is required. Fluency in Russian is considered a benefit for this position.
- Initiating & Driving Change • Acts as a catalyst for and takes responsibility for leading, directing, and managing organizational change • Develops new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions • Creates work environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation • Drives step changes in how the company operates • Understands how to change and addresses not only systems and processes, but also cultural aspects of change • Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market • Develops a change strategy that includes milestones and timelines • Accurately assesses the potential barriers and resources necessary for change initiatives • Understands and supports the need for change • Envisions and articulates the intended result of the change process • Provides direction and focus during the change process • Helps to generate support of the changes throughout the organization • Identifies and enlists allies who support the change process • Provides resources, removes barriers, and acts as an advocate for those initiating change
- Result Focused • Establishes clear, specific performance goals, expectations, and priorities • Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully • Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers • Very bottom-line oriented • Steadfastly pushes self and others for results • Navigates quickly and effectively to resolve problems and obstacles • Persists to complete tasks / responsibilities, even in the face of difficulties • Develops a sense of urgency in others to complete tasks • Operates with personal ownership and looks for ways to improve performance all the time • Challenges him- or herself and others to raise the bar on performance • Focuses people on critical activities that yield a high impact • Holds self and others accountable for delivering high-quality results on time and within budget (e.g., models high work standards and demands the same from others)
- Team Work • Blends people into teams when they are needed • Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team • Shares wins and successes • Fosters open dialogue • Lets people finish and be responsible for their work • Seeks consensus among diverse viewpoints as a means of building group commitment • Defines success in terms of the whole team • Creates a feeling of belonging in the team • Values the contributions of all team members • Creates an environment that encourages open communication amongst team members • Creates an environment that encourages collective problem solving amongst team members
- Customer Focus • Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers • Gets first-hand customer information and uses it to understand customers' business issues and needs for improvements in products and services • Acts with customer in mind • Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect • Genuinely enjoys working with customers to build long-term partnerships • Creates a sense of customer focus throughout their team/ department/ business unit
Physical demands and work environment
- Ability to walk on uneven ground (gravel, rocks, mounds, ice)
- Ability to ascend and descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, and/or ramps while carrying tools requiring a reasonable degree of physical stamina and agility and involving moderate to severe physical exertion
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.