Parker Wellbore helps energy companies accomplish their drilling and production goals efficiently, reliably, and safely. Our global team supports oil and gas operators with innovative land and offshore drilling services, premium rental tools and well services, and advanced operations and management support. Founded in 1934, Parker Wellbore helps customers manage their costs and mitigate their risks, to achieve their operational goals in a safe and efficient manner. With experience in both harsh-environment regions and complex drilling situations, you can trust Parker Wellbore to get the job done.
This position is responsible for planning, directing and overseeing the delivery of all global training activities while at the same time providing the framework to support PW’s Learning Management Systems. This position assesses company-wide developmental needs to drive training initiatives and identifies and arranges suitable training solutions for employees. The position assists Product Lines with the development and management of technical competencies through the PW organization.
- Coordinates closely with regional GMs and Operations Managers to ensure training needs are met timely and effectively.
- Confer with management and conduct surveys to identify training needs based on projected production processes, continuous improvement, current training trends in the industry, etc.
- Negotiates with vendors to ensure contract terms meet Company objectives. Supervises both internal and external technical Trainers.
- Evaluate training instructors’ performance and the effectiveness of training programs; providing appropriately effective feedback and/or recommendations for improvement.
- Performs Facility/Rig audits to determine possible training needs at both a rig and individual level for our drilling and services operations.
- Gather data and analyze trends to develop recommendations for new strategies and solutions to address training trends to ensure the Company’s training courses are current and effective.
- Abide by Company policies and procedures. Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
- Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
- Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
- Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
- Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
- As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required (degree in Training and Development preferred).
- At least 7+ years of work experience with a concentration in training.
- Must have experience in building and developing/maintaining a company training matrix.
- Must have ability to gain trust to fully be able to mentor and supervise staff.
- Must be actively involved in networking within the Training and Development industry.
- Oil and gas expertise preferred but not required.
- Must be detail oriented, self-starter and able to work with little supervision while maintaining goals/tasks.
- Must have good PC skills to include all MS Office products with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, to include public speaking, and able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors.
- Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
- Intercultural Awareness Understands, leverages and respects cultural differences, languages, customs and manners on the ground. Has the ability to be flexible, adaptable and agile in foreign environments.
- Business Acumen Business Acumen is understanding how our businesses generate profits and competitive advantage after weighing foreseeable risks. It requires knowledge of how technical and functional roles contribute to and impact bottom-line results. Specifically, it's knowing what business, financial and operational conditions must exist for Parker to maximize profits, without undue risk. Business acumen requires savviness of market practices and industry tactics to assess and determine when the outcome of a decision will result in added value for the organization.
- Building Effective Teams Promotes followership; encourages team members to share knowledge; values contributions of all teammates; shares wins and successes; creates positive morale and spirit.
Physical demands and work environment
- Oversee and manage the overall quality of projects and/or employee performance.
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret data.
- Ability to perform under stress, under pressure, and/or in emergency situations.
- Wear personal protective equipment, including but not limited to hard hat, steel-toed safety shoes, hearing protection, respirators, safety glasses, goggles and full body harness.
- Frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull, reach, and use repetitive wrist and hand movements.
- Carry up to 10 lbs.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, reason logically, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.
- Sit/stand while performing primarily sedentary work
- Use repetitive wrist, hand or finger movements at a computer.
- Ability to work as a team, communicate and interact with others in a professional manner, and consider alternative and diverse perspectives.