Parker Wellbore helps energy companies accomplish their drilling and production goals efficiently, reliably, and safely. Our global team supports oil and gas operators with innovative land and offshore drilling services, premium rental tools and well services, and advanced operations and management support. Founded in 1934, Parker Wellbore helps customers manage their costs and mitigate their risks, to achieve their operational goals in a safe and efficient manner. With experience in both harsh-environment regions and complex drilling situations, you can trust Parker Wellbore to get the job done.
The Payroll Coordinator is responsible for the timely and accurate coordination of all internal payroll activities, in compliance with all related Human Resources, Payroll, and Company Standards. Specific Payrolls of responsibility include Corporate, Gulf of Mexico, Alaska, US Land, and Global Employment Company (GEC).
- Compile and consolidate all payroll data including but not limited to: hours worked, bonuses, allowances, premiums, taxes, withholdings, PTO, and absence records
- Oversee both regularly-scheduled payroll activities and off-cycle payments for employees of the company’s U.S. entities, as well as those of the GEC
- Regularly review HR Case Dashboard for employee lifecycle events such as new hires, salary changes, terminations, etc. and coordinate with payroll provider to ensure accurate processing
- Focal point for handling all employee payroll questions and requests
- In partnership with payroll provider, diligently resolve any payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information, and providing appropriate feedback to relevant parties
- Coordinate with payroll provider the accurate and timely processing of garnishments orders
- Work closely with Human Resources Business Partners and Representatives to reconcile payroll data as required
- Prepare and distribute payroll-related reports as required
- Support internal and external payroll audit activities
- Ensure compliance with federal and state laws and regulations
- Create, maintain, and follow process flow and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) documents
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
- A High School diploma is required
- Proven experience as a Payroll Coordinator or similar role is preferred, ideally in a standalone position and/or working with an outsourced payroll model
- Must possess above average math skills
- Must be a detail-oriented self-starter and able to work with little supervision while maintaining goals/tasks
- Must have intermediate PC skills to include all MS Office products, with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills, and be able to communicate effectively with staff, management, customers and vendors at all levels
- Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions
- Ability to maintain high standards of confidentiality, accuracy, timeliness and attention to detail
- Initiating & Driving Change • Acts as a catalyst for and takes responsibility for leading, directing, and managing organizational change • Develops new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions • Creates work environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation • Drives step changes in how the company operates • Understands how to change and addresses not only systems and processes, but also cultural aspects of change • Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market • Develops a change strategy that includes milestones and timelines • Accurately assesses the potential barriers and resources necessary for change initiatives • Understands and supports the need for change • Envisions and articulates the intended result of the change process • Provides direction and focus during the change process • Helps to generate support of the changes throughout the organization • Identifies and enlists allies who support the change process • Provides resources, removes barriers, and acts as an advocate for those initiating change
- Result Focused • Establishes clear, specific performance goals, expectations, and priorities • Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully • Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers • Very bottom-line oriented • Steadfastly pushes self and others for results • Navigates quickly and effectively to resolve problems and obstacles • Persists to complete tasks / responsibilities, even in the face of difficulties • Develops a sense of urgency in others to complete tasks • Operates with personal ownership and looks for ways to improve performance all the time • Challenges him- or herself and others to raise the bar on performance • Focuses people on critical activities that yield a high impact • Holds self and others accountable for delivering high-quality results on time and within budget (e.g., models high work standards and demands the same from others)
- Team Work • Blends people into teams when they are needed • Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team • Shares wins and successes • Fosters open dialogue • Lets people finish and be responsible for their work • Seeks consensus among diverse viewpoints as a means of building group commitment • Defines success in terms of the whole team • Creates a feeling of belonging in the team • Values the contributions of all team members • Creates an environment that encourages open communication amongst team members • Creates an environment that encourages collective problem solving amongst team members
- Customer Focus • Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers • Gets first-hand customer information and uses it to understand customers' business issues and needs for improvements in products and services • Acts with customer in mind • Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect • Genuinely enjoys working with customers to build long-term partnerships • Creates a sense of customer focus throughout their team/ department/ business unit
Physical demands and work environment
- Carry up to 10 lbs.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, reason logically, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.
- Ability to work as a team, communicate and interact with others in a professional manner, and consider alternative and diverse perspectives.