Parker Wellbore helps energy companies accomplish their drilling and production goals efficiently, reliably, and safely. Our global team supports oil and gas operators with innovative land and offshore drilling services, premium rental tools and well services, and advanced operations and management support. Founded in 1934, Parker Wellbore helps customers manage their costs and mitigate their risks, to achieve their operational goals in a safe and efficient manner. With experience in both harsh-environment regions and complex drilling situations, you can trust Parker Wellbore to get the job done.
The IT Data Engineer will work closely with the business and IT team to build high-quality data pipelines supporting both our corporate and product divisions and will be key in supporting our current and future reporting and analytics solutions. This role requires a deep understanding of data architecture, data engineering, data analysis, reporting, and a basic understanding of data science techniques and workflows. This role will work with software developers, architects, and data analysts on expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as streamlining data flow and collection in support of our cross-functional teams.
- Work with business to gather requirements and translate business needs to technical specifications
- Builds and maintains Azure data platform including enterprise data lake and data warehouse in alignment with our strategic objectives and organizational goals
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Collaborate with Cloud Solution Architects in implementing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on Microsoft Azure platform.
- Develop policies and implement mechanisms for data ingestion into Azure data platform
- Configure, validate, and implement various Azure tools such as but not limited to Databricks, Data Factory, Data Lake, Synapse Analytics, and Data Catalog as appropriate
- Works with the Enterprise Information management manager, and enterprise architects to define data architecture and high-level solution design.
- Actively collaborates with the business intelligence team, business teams, and project teams to understand data requirements, integration needs, constraints, and performance requirements
- Works with Parker’s technology team to understand mathematical models and optimize data solutions accordingly.
- Developing and maintaining Data Lake and data warehouse schematics, layouts, architectures, and relational/non-relational databases for data access and Advanced Analytics.
Necessary qualifications, skills and abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or 3-5 years of equivalent work experience
- Analytic Problem-Solving: Approaching high-level challenges with a clear eye on what is important; employing the right approach/methods to make the maximum use of time and human resources.
- Effective Communication
- Explore new territories to find creative and unusual ways to solve problems.
- Data Analysis Knowledge: Understanding how data is collected, analyzed and utilized, Data Ingestion and Orchestration from on premise to Azure, Data Ingestion from Azure Blob Storage to Azure SQL DW
- 3-5 years of experience in Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake Analytics (USQL), Data processing in Azure, Azure DevOps CICD Pipelines, Azure SQL DW, Azure Blob Storage or Azure Data Lake Store, Azure Logic App/Functions, Azure Event Hub/IoT
- Data Modeling, architecture and storage experience
- 3-5 years of experience in Power BI – DAX, SSAS tabular, PySpark/scripting, PowerShell, Stream Analytics
- 3-5 years of experience in Microsoft traditional data warehousing/BI (SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
- Exposure to Azure Services and big data processing solutions
- Initiating & Driving Change • Acts as a catalyst for and takes responsibility for leading, directing, and managing organizational change • Develops new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions • Creates work environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation • Drives step changes in how the company operates • Understands how to change and addresses not only systems and processes, but also cultural aspects of change • Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market • Develops a change strategy that includes milestones and timelines • Accurately assesses the potential barriers and resources necessary for change initiatives • Understands and supports the need for change • Envisions and articulates the intended result of the change process • Provides direction and focus during the change process • Helps to generate support of the changes throughout the organization • Identifies and enlists allies who support the change process • Provides resources, removes barriers, and acts as an advocate for those initiating change
- Result Focused • Establishes clear, specific performance goals, expectations, and priorities • Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully • Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers • Very bottom-line oriented • Steadfastly pushes self and others for results • Navigates quickly and effectively to resolve problems and obstacles • Persists to complete tasks / responsibilities, even in the face of difficulties • Develops a sense of urgency in others to complete tasks • Operates with personal ownership and looks for ways to improve performance all the time • Challenges him- or herself and others to raise the bar on performance • Focuses people on critical activities that yield a high impact • Holds self and others accountable for delivering high-quality results on time and within budget (e.g., models high work standards and demands the same from others)
- Team Work • Blends people into teams when they are needed • Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team • Shares wins and successes • Fosters open dialogue • Lets people finish and be responsible for their work • Seeks consensus among diverse viewpoints as a means of building group commitment • Defines success in terms of the whole team • Creates a feeling of belonging in the team • Values the contributions of all team members • Creates an environment that encourages open communication amongst team members • Creates an environment that encourages collective problem solving amongst team members
- Customer Focus • Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers • Gets first-hand customer information and uses it to understand customers' business issues and needs for improvements in products and services • Acts with customer in mind • Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect • Genuinely enjoys working with customers to build long-term partnerships • Creates a sense of customer focus throughout their team/ department/ business unit
Physical demands and work environment
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret data.
- Ability to perform under stress, under pressure, and/or in emergency situations.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, reason logically, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.
- Use repetitive wrist, hand or finger movements at a computer.
- Ability to work as a team, communicate and interact with others in a professional manner, and consider alternative and diverse perspectives.