Parker Wellbore helps energy companies accomplish their drilling and production goals efficiently, reliably, and safely. Our global team supports oil and gas operators with innovative land and offshore drilling services, premium rental tools and well services, and advanced operations and management support. Founded in 1934, Parker Wellbore helps customers manage their costs and mitigate their risks, to achieve their operational goals in a safe and efficient manner. With experience in both harsh-environment regions and complex drilling situations, you can trust Parker Wellbore to get the job done.
To set up and operate the CNC lathe, NC lathe, manual lathe, milling machine, boring machine and grinders to machine metallic and non-metallic work pieces.
- Reads blueprints or job orders for product specifications such as dimensions, tolerances and tooling instructions (such as fixtures, feed rates, cutting speeds, and depth of cut).
- Determines the effective sequence of operations to complete the job.
- Initiates the Machine Shop Traveller for jobs, and gathers all relevant documents needed for the Traveller package.
- Liaise with customers to clarify their requirements.
- Tests programs to ensure output meets requirements of drawing.
- Selects, positions and secures tool in tool-holder.
- Position and secures work piece in holding device, machine table, chuck, centre or fixtures.
- Moves controls to position tool and work piece in relation to each other, and to set specified feeds, speeds and depth of cut.
- Sets up fixture or feeding device, start machines and turns hand-wheel to feed tool to work piece or vice versa, and engages feed.
- Sets up and operate manual lathes and equipment.
- Programs and operates CNC and NC lathes to machine API and premium threads to the required standard.
- Observes operation of machine and verifies conformity of machined work piece to specifications.
- Operates bench grinder to sharpen tools.
- Sets up and operates machines and equipment other than machine tools.
- Able to troubleshoot machining problems to arrive at and recommend solutions.
Additional duties may be required either on a permanent or temporary basis within your area of competence to fulfill the company’s needs.
Necessary qualifications, skills, and abilities:
- Good knowledge of machine shop equipment and lathing operations.
- Ability to read and program numerical control system.
- Good knowledge of premium thread connection theory and application.
- Good knowledge in the use and care required for measuring equipment for threading measurements.
- Good interpersonal skills – Team player, Proactive, Ability to effectively communicate written and orally with peers and supervisors, Good safety habits.
- Resilient, Ability to work in teams, Flexible to accommodate operational requirements, Self-motivated, Willingness to learn.
- Initiating & Driving Change • Acts as a catalyst for and takes responsibility for leading, directing, and managing organizational change • Develops new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions • Creates work environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation • Drives step changes in how the company operates • Understands how to change and addresses not only systems and processes, but also cultural aspects of change • Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market • Develops a change strategy that includes milestones and timelines • Accurately assesses the potential barriers and resources necessary for change initiatives • Understands and supports the need for change • Envisions and articulates the intended result of the change process • Provides direction and focus during the change process • Helps to generate support of the changes throughout the organization • Identifies and enlists allies who support the change process • Provides resources, removes barriers, and acts as an advocate for those initiating change
- Result Focused • Establishes clear, specific performance goals, expectations, and priorities • Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully • Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers • Very bottom-line oriented • Steadfastly pushes self and others for results • Navigates quickly and effectively to resolve problems and obstacles • Persists to complete tasks / responsibilities, even in the face of difficulties • Develops a sense of urgency in others to complete tasks • Operates with personal ownership and looks for ways to improve performance all the time • Challenges him- or herself and others to raise the bar on performance • Focuses people on critical activities that yield a high impact • Holds self and others accountable for delivering high-quality results on time and within budget (e.g., models high work standards and demands the same from others)
- Team Work • Blends people into teams when they are needed • Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team • Shares wins and successes • Fosters open dialogue • Lets people finish and be responsible for their work • Seeks consensus among diverse viewpoints as a means of building group commitment • Defines success in terms of the whole team • Creates a feeling of belonging in the team • Values the contributions of all team members • Creates an environment that encourages open communication amongst team members • Creates an environment that encourages collective problem solving amongst team members
- Customer Focus • Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers • Gets first-hand customer information and uses it to understand customers' business issues and needs for improvements in products and services • Acts with customer in mind • Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect • Genuinely enjoys working with customers to build long-term partnerships • Creates a sense of customer focus throughout their team/ department/ business unit.