Parker Wellbore helps energy companies accomplish their drilling and production goals efficiently, reliably, and safely. Our global team supports oil and gas operators with innovative land and offshore drilling services, premium rental tools and well services, and advanced operations and management support. Founded in 1934, Parker Wellbore helps customers manage their costs and mitigate their risks, to achieve their operational goals in a safe and efficient manner. With experience in both harsh-environment regions and complex drilling situations, you can trust Parker Wellbore to get the job done.
The Competency & Training Program Coordinator organizes and facilitates the delivery of training and competency assessment for staff in the Middle East-Asia Pacific (MEAP) region. This role is the primary point of contact for the facilitation of the Competency & Training program within the geomarket, and will oversee the delivery of training, access to supporting materials, tools, and softwares, and the record management integrity.
- Maintain training compliance with internal, customer, and regulatory requirements.
- Report on training and competency statistics, both qualitative and quantitative, to support business practices and strategies.
- Actively conduct training needs assessments, and reconcile gaps on continuous basis. This includes forecasting expiring training.
- Identify and schedule trainers (internally and externally sourced).
- Oversee the integrity of record management in relation to actual records and data entry within the Learning Management System (LMS) software
- Communicate with functional departments and locations about training and competency requirements and activities.
- Aid in the creation of new training programs or identifying suitable external resources, based on needs of the organization.
- Liaise with corporate/global training & competency resources on behalf of the geomarket.
Necessary qualifications, skills and abilities
- Must have a High School Diploma.
- Seeking minimum of five (5) years experience working in/with occupational training and/or adult-learning scopes. Experience or exposure to energy industries is preferred.
- Must understand, interpret and implement applicable regulations within regulatory jurisdiction.
- Must be able to understand and work with standard Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work independently with multiple people at many levels and work as part of a team.
- Excellent time management skills to prioritize and manage multiple requests from various avenues, and the ability to change direction in response to fluctuating circumstances.
- Must be a self-motivator and work without close supervision.
- Must be able to prioritize jobs and work under tight time constraints.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors. Being multi-lingual is preferred, with preference of English, Arabic, Hindi, and/or Bhasa.
- Initiating & Driving Change • Acts as a catalyst for and takes responsibility for leading, directing, and managing organizational change • Develops new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions • Creates work environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation • Drives step changes in how the company operates • Understands how to change and addresses not only systems and processes, but also cultural aspects of change • Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market • Develops a change strategy that includes milestones and timelines • Accurately assesses the potential barriers and resources necessary for change initiatives • Understands and supports the need for change • Envisions and articulates the intended result of the change process • Provides direction and focus during the change process • Helps to generate support of the changes throughout the organization • Identifies and enlists allies who support the change process • Provides resources, removes barriers, and acts as an advocate for those initiating change
- Result Focused • Establishes clear, specific performance goals, expectations, and priorities • Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully • Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers • Very bottom-line oriented • Steadfastly pushes self and others for results • Navigates quickly and effectively to resolve problems and obstacles • Persists to complete tasks / responsibilities, even in the face of difficulties • Develops a sense of urgency in others to complete tasks • Operates with personal ownership and looks for ways to improve performance all the time • Challenges him- or herself and others to raise the bar on performance • Focuses people on critical activities that yield a high impact • Holds self and others accountable for delivering high-quality results on time and within budget (e.g., models high work standards and demands the same from others)
- Team Work • Blends people into teams when they are needed • Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team • Shares wins and successes • Fosters open dialogue • Lets people finish and be responsible for their work • Seeks consensus among diverse viewpoints as a means of building group commitment • Defines success in terms of the whole team • Creates a feeling of belonging in the team • Values the contributions of all team members • Creates an environment that encourages open communication amongst team members • Creates an environment that encourages collective problem solving amongst team members
- Customer Focus • Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers • Gets first-hand customer information and uses it to understand customers' business issues and needs for improvements in products and services • Acts with customer in mind • Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect • Genuinely enjoys working with customers to build long-term partnerships • Creates a sense of customer focus throughout their team/ department/ business unit
Physical demands and work environment
- Ability to ascend and descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, and/or ramps while carrying tools requiring a reasonable degree of physical stamina and agility and involving moderate to severe physical exertion.
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures, and standards.