Parker Wellbore helps energy companies accomplish their drilling and production goals efficiently, reliably, and safely. Our global team supports oil and gas operators with innovative land and offshore drilling services, premium rental tools and well services, and advanced operations and management support. Founded in 1934, Parker Wellbore helps customers manage their costs and mitigate their risks, to achieve their operational goals in a safe and efficient manner. With experience in both harsh-environment regions and complex drilling situations, you can trust Parker Wellbore to get the job done.
The Site Controller reports to the Group Controller. He or She will assist in financial analysis, monthly close processes, and creating timely and accurate financial information. The successful candidate will be able to perform accounting requirements with limited supervision, primarily related to operations existing outside the headquarter office.
- Accuracy and timeliness of divisional (or contract within a division) financial statements.
- Process month-end, quarter-end and year-end balancing and journal entries.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts on a monthly basis for the operations assigned.
- Prepares reports required by local statutory and regulatory agencies.
- Understand and assist with reconciliation key difference between local accounting and US GAAP.
- Responsible for the preparation of all AFE’s and Workorder forms for major equipment repairs, purchases and modifications.
- Ensures the operation and effectiveness of key process (operational and financial) controls through regular review and periodic self-checks.
- Process daily cash transactions.
- Assist in the management of third party relationships (customers, Tax office, lawyers, etc.)
- Regularly reviews accounts receivable and works diligently for timely collection.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Communicate and liaise with finance personnel on accounting matters impacting the operations assigned.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Provide financial summaries and periodic analysis and update forecasts and budget
- Support periodic reviews by Internal and External Auditors.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
- Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
- Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
- Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
- Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
- As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required.
- Should have at least 4 years of work experience to include a strong knowledge of accounting practices.
- CPA certification or equivalent certification is preferred.
- Must have excellent PC skills to include all MS Office products with an extensive knowledge in accounting technical skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to present oneself in a professional manner.
- Intercultural Awareness Understands, leverages and respects cultural differences, languages, customs and manners on the ground. Has the ability to be flexible, adaptable and agile in foreign environments.
- Business Acumen Business Acumen is understanding how our businesses generate profits and competitive advantage after weighing foreseeable risks. It requires knowledge of how technical and functional roles contribute to and impact bottom-line results. Specifically, it's knowing what business, financial and operational conditions must exist for Parker to maximize profits, without undue risk. Business acumen requires savviness of market practices and industry tactics to assess and determine when the outcome of a decision will result in added value for the organization.
- Building Effective Teams Promotes followership; encourages team members to share knowledge; values contributions of all teammates; shares wins and successes; creates positive morale and spirit.
Physical demands and work environment
- Oversee and manage the overall quality of projects and/or employee performance.
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret data.
- Ability to perform under stress, under pressure, and/or in emergency situations.
- Frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull, reach, and use repetitive wrist and hand movements.
- Carry up to 10 lbs.
- Operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, reason logically, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.
- Sit/stand while performing primarily sedentary work
- Use repetitive wrist, hand or finger movements at a computer.
- Ability to work as a team, communicate and interact with others in a professional manner, and consider alternative and diverse perspectives.