Parker Wellbore helps energy companies accomplish their drilling and production goals efficiently, reliably, and safely. Our global team supports oil and gas operators with innovative land and offshore drilling services, premium rental tools and well services, and advanced operations and management support. Founded in 1934, Parker Wellbore helps customers manage their costs and mitigate their risks, to achieve their operational goals in a safe and efficient manner. With experience in both harsh-environment regions and complex drilling situations, you can trust Parker Wellbore to get the job done.
The Sales Manager is required to deliver budgeted sales targets and to develop new geographical and customer market penetration, whilst establishing, managing and maintaining new and allocated customer accounts. This involves developing and maintaining market strategies to meet the company’s goals. The role calls for account management, customer service and data analysis amongst other required business skills.
- Establish, manage and maintain new and allocated customer accounts
- Increase Company sales by promotion of products and information to existing and potential clients and targeting of potential business
- Develop and implement strategic and tactical marketing pthe lans as directed by General Manager UKCE. Introduction of business into new geographical areas and introduction of new business into already established areas.
- Identify selling opportunities and client intelligence for all product lines in an account; report these opportunities to management and other product line representatives.
- Provide Product Line Management with frequent, timely feedback on account performance (share, potential, and competitive position) in order to facilitate planning.
- Gather all required information from each assigned customer, complete necessary documentation, and create the preliminary job design (project P&L, brief outline, pre-job sheets, and pricing instructions).
- Review the preliminary job design with operations personnel to ensure that the proposed solution is feasible and confirm with the customer that the solution meets their needs.
- Conduct market research to determine market requirements for existing and future products.
- Analysis of customer research, current market conditions and competitor information.
- Develop, implement and manage business development and marketing plans and projects for new and existing products and customers.
- Monitor, review and report on all business development and marketing activity and results.
- Attend all sales and operations meetings as and when required.
- Provide weekly reports of sales prospects, customer enquiries and quotations.
- Comply with the company’s Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Additional duties may be required within job holder’s area of competence to fulfil the Company’s needs.
Education / Qualification:
- Secondary School Education or equivalent
- Degree in marketing or business advantageous but not essential
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Exposure to Oil & Gas operators within the UKCS.
- Experience in the Oil & Gas Industry, preferably with working knowledge of Drilling Rental Tools, Machine Shop Services and Pressure Control Equipment.
- Strong Account Management ability
- Excellent customer service skills
- Data analysis
- Effective communication and negotiating skills
- High level presentation skills
- Product knowledge of Drilling, E&P and P&A activities
- Highly motivated
- Strong work ethic
- Microsoft Packages i.e word, excel and outlook
Physical demands and work environment
- Oversee and manage the overall quality of projects and/or employee performance.
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret data.
- Ability to perform under stress, under pressure, and/or in emergency situations.
- Wear personal protective equipment, including but not limited to hard hat, steel-toed safety shoes, hearing protection, respirators, safety glasses, goggles and full body harness.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, reason logically, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.
- Sit/stand while performing primarily sedentary work
- Use repetitive wrist, hand or finger movements at a computer.
- Ability to work as a team, communicate and interact with others in a professional manner, and consider alternative and diverse perspectives.