Parker Wellbore helps energy companies accomplish their drilling and production goals efficiently, reliably, and safely. Our global team supports oil and gas operators with innovative land and offshore drilling services, premium rental tools and well services, and advanced operations and management support. Founded in 1934, Parker Wellbore helps customers manage their costs and mitigate their risks, to achieve their operational goals in a safe and efficient manner. With experience in both harsh-environment regions and complex drilling situations, you can trust Parker Wellbore to get the job done.
This position is responsible to perform complex troubleshooting on a wide range of casing equipment, operate a forklift, and any other duties as assigned by a supervisor.
- Ability to take direction and assist Supervisor to carry out daily functions
- Operate crane and/or forklift to load and unload jobs.
- Clean, service, and maintain casing running tools, and equipment as required by supervisor.
- Available on a 24-hour basis to respond to customer needs.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Parker Wellbore.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform complex troubleshooting on a wide range of casing equipment to determine cause of failure and perform corrective maintenance in accordance with Parker Wellbore documented policies and procedures.
- Other shop floor jobs as when required.
- Adhere to safety procedure and policies in accordance with safety management system. Including: a) Active participation in workshop safety & tool box meetings. b) Active participation and contribution to workshop specific safety initiatives. c) Report all hazards and unsafe acts. d) Ensure third party compliance. e) Actively promote positive safety culture.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma (or Secondary School Diploma or equivalent) as minimum.
- 1+ years of related work experience.
- Ability to read and fully understand Mechanical Drawings.
- Ability to use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pipe wrenches, drill, pliers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Good Mechanical Aptitude.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Able to work with fellow employees.
- Co-ordination qualities.
- Safe working practices.
- Must be able to adhere to Parker Wellbore’s PPE policies.
- Initiating & Driving Change: • Acts as a catalyst for and takes responsibility for leading, directing, and managing organizational change • Develops new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions • Creates work environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation • Drives step changes in how the company operates • Understands how to change and addresses not only systems and processes, but also cultural aspects of change • Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market • Develops a change strategy that includes milestones and timelines • Accurately assesses the potential barriers and resources necessary for change initiatives • Understands and supports the need for change • Envisions and articulates the intended result of the change process • Provides direction and focus during the change process • Helps to generate support of the changes throughout the organization • Identifies and enlists allies who support the change process • Provides resources, removes barriers, and acts as an advocate for those initiating change
- Result Focused: • Establishes clear, specific performance goals, expectations, and priorities • Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully • Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers • Very bottom-line oriented • Steadfastly pushes self and others for results • Navigates quickly and effectively to resolve problems and obstacles • Persists to complete tasks / responsibilities, even in the face of difficulties • Develops a sense of urgency in others to complete tasks • Operates with personal ownership and looks for ways to improve performance all the time • Challenges him- or herself and others to raise the bar on performance • Focuses people on critical activities that yield a high impact • Holds self and others accountable for delivering high-quality results on time and within budget (e.g., models high work standards and demands the same from others)
- Team Work: • Blends people into teams when they are needed • Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team • Shares wins and successes • Fosters open dialogue • Lets people finish and be responsible for their work • Seeks consensus among diverse viewpoints as a means of building group commitment • Defines success in terms of the whole team • Creates a feeling of belonging in the team • Values the contributions of all team members • Creates an environment that encourages open communication amongst team members • Creates an environment that encourages collective problem solving amongst team members
- Customer Focus: • Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers • Gets first-hand customer information and uses it to understand customers' business issues and needs for improvements in products and services • Acts with customer in mind • Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect • Genuinely enjoys working with customers to build long-term partnerships • Creates a sense of customer focus throughout their team/ department/ business unit