Parker Wellbore helps energy companies accomplish their drilling and production goals efficiently, reliably, and safely. Our global team supports oil and gas operators with innovative land and offshore drilling services, premium rental tools and well services, and advanced operations and management support. Founded in 1934, Parker Wellbore helps customers manage their costs and mitigate their risks, to achieve their operational goals in a safe and efficient manner. With experience in both harsh-environment regions and complex drilling situations, you can trust Parker Wellbore to get the job done.
The HR Business Partner is responsible for supporting the Human Resources department by working closely with the corporate business units and/or field operations in developing, delivering, administering and monitoring the effectiveness of all human resources initiatives, policies and practices in accordance with federal, state & Company guidelines.
- Provide guidance, advice and coaching to field group leaders on the full spectrum of core human resources services, policies and practices and employee relations matters.
- Facilitate new programs, policies, and solutions to support field needs and ensure consistent and appropriate implementation.
- Provide coaching and guidance to field management and employees to effectively address workplace issues as well as lead and assist in special projects as the business dictates.
- Develop and implement practical solutions and initiatives.
- Partner with site management in the development and implementation of strategies that support the development, engagement and retention of employees.
- Work closely with Sr. Human Resources Manager to identify areas of opportunity and provide solutions to enhance the employee experience.
- Provide new employees with information to orient them to the Company.
- Work with Sr. Human Resources Manager to develop and implement a succession planning process for the field offices to include building training and development plans that will assist site based employees by enhancing their performance in their current role and preparing them for future roles within the Company.
- Provide personal leadership that supports the Company’s safe and respectful workplace.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends in the development of employment, recruiting, compensation, employee relations and benefit programs.
- Abide by Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
- Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
- Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
- Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
- Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
- As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.
Necessary qualifications, skills and abilities
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources is required.
- Should have at least 5 years work experience in Human Resources administration.
- PHR or SPHR is preferred.
- Must have knowledge of window based HRIS system.
- Must be a detail oriented, self-starter and able to work with little supervision while maintaining goals/tasks.
- Must have broad and in-depth knowledge of federal and state laws governing Human Resources.
- Must be objective and capable of making difficult decisions and relaying the message to staff in a professional manner.
- Must have good PC skills to include all MS Office products with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors.
- Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
- People Management
- Effective Communication
- Personal Accountability
- Flawless Execution
Physical demands and work environment
- Oversee and manage the overall quality of projects and/or employee performance.
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret data.
- Ability to perform under stress, under pressure, and/or in emergency situations.
- Carry up to 10 lbs.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, reason logically, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.
- Sit/stand while performing primarily sedentary work
- Use repetitive wrist, hand or finger movements at a computer.
- Ability to work as a team, communicate and interact with others in a professional manner, and consider alternative and diverse perspectives.