Parker Wellbore helps energy companies accomplish their drilling and production goals efficiently, reliably, and safely. Our global team supports oil and gas operators with innovative land and offshore drilling services, premium rental tools and well services, and advanced operations and management support. Founded in 1934, Parker Wellbore helps customers manage their costs and mitigate their risks, to achieve their operational goals in a safe and efficient manner. With experience in both harsh-environment regions and complex drilling situations, you can trust Parker Wellbore to get the job done.
Primarily responsible for leading and managing the research and development, testing, recommending, installing, maintaining and supporting perimeter security devices within an organization and between organizations. Goal is to ensure the smooth operation of perimeter security device in order to provide maximum performance, protection, and availability for users. Secondarily, will supplement Network Team and assist with infrastructure projects as well as maintenance and operational activities.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Maintain cybersecurity strategy/roadmap for the organization
- Keep up to date with developing trends and emerging potential security threats that affect the organization
- Periodically review and recommend security gaps in the environment
- Manage the execution of all external and internal penetration engagement
- Lead and manage various security-related projects
- Maintain and administer perimeter security standards, documentation, processes and procedures
- Partner with the Risk team to implement a risk management program
- Monitor and resolve security alerts of perimeter security systems
- Work with and advise IT support teams concerning perimeter security and related LAN and WAN issues
- Ability to troubleshoot IDS, IPS, firewalls, VPN and Internet Proxy systems
- Provide recommendations on complex network projects that may include justifying, designing, procurement of equipment, implementing systems, configuring hardware and software for networks and coordinating both technical and non-technical personnel and other staff members and vendors in order to complete the project on time
- Provide mentoring, training and assistance, when needed, to information security and Support staff
- Provide active involvement (proactive and reactive) in making suggestions to improve existing processes and procedures
- Draft and review board level cyber security presentations with management
- Mature existing integration of security technologies
- Evaluates new network and software products
- Maintain and reinforce and the security awareness program
- Ownership of the IT Security Vendor management process
- Liaison to Internal and External Auditors for all cyber security questions/assessments.
POSITION SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science preferred.
- 5 - 7 years of relevant work experience required.
- Experience with supporting security technologies in an information security role.
- Experience in vulnerability and patch management.
- Experience Monitoring tools (Solar Winds Orion and Microsoft SCOM).
- Experience with security and networking architecture.
- Experience creating and maintaining documentation standards, playbooks and policies.
- Understanding of mobility management systems.
- Intercultural Awareness Understands, leverages and respects cultural differences, languages, customs and manners on the ground. Has the ability to be flexible, adaptable and agile in foreign environments.
- Business Acumen is understanding how our businesses generate profits and competitive advantage after weighing foreseeable risks. It requires knowledge of how technical and functional roles contribute to and impact bottom-line results. Specifically, it's knowing what business, financial and operational conditions must exist for Parker to maximize profits without undue risk. Business acumen requires the savviness of market practices and industry tactics to assess and determine when the outcome of a decision will result in added value for the organization.
- Building Effective Teams Promotes followership; encourages team members to share knowledge; values contributions of all teammates; shares wins and successes; creates positive morale and spirit.
Physical demands and work environment
- Oversee and manage the overall quality of projects and/or employee performance.
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret data.
- Ability to perform under stress, under pressure, and/or in emergency situations.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, reason logically, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.
- Use repetitive wrist, hand or finger movements at a computer.
- Ability to work as a team, communicate and interact with others in a professional manner, and consider alternative and diverse perspectives.